Sunday, 15 September 2013

September Sunshine...


September...my absolute favourite time of the year...

I love the light, the changing golden foliage, the landscape, the quietening of nature, the cosying up at home... When the sun shines, I especially love the weather....




A rare Sunday morning in Durham last week was perfect for an early September day walk..




Along the river bank, it was bursting with autumn fruits, just when the leaves are about to change and fall, there is a final burst of life from nature...

Berries and fruits abound...especially this year as the conditions have been just right and there's a bumper harvest to be had...


Elderberries and blackberries just about to ripen...both have there uses in the kitchen at home at this time of year...elderberry gin or blackberry crumble...?? preferably both in my book, thank you very much...perhaps a bit more of the gin though...


Plenty of rhubarb too...surprised to find this growing here...


Some not so desirable berries in the shape of Cuckoo Pint...at least I'm pretty sure that's what this is...nice looking but terribly poisonous...


Away from the waters edge I found a street at the back of the Cathedral I'd never walked down before...rather fetching pink house located in the middle caught my eye...


A nosey behind this gate would be very welcome...perhaps not by the owners, but I'm intrigued as to what lies beyond...


In the afternoon t'other half wanted to drive his new car, so we headed along to the Derwent reservoir where it was quiet, peaceful and relaxing...


Autumn colours were so much more vivid here...


I made him stop by the roadside so I could mosey about the field to take photographs...gave him an ideal opportunity to try out the stereo in the car - which could be heard  at the other end of the field...(well, almost!)


The weather was on the change by then, a wind was building up and the late afternoon chill was starting to creep in, so we headed off in the direction of the pub...

Not before a few more hay bale shots though...


I sooo love this time of year!

Have a good week all,

BH x

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post, your photographs are wonderful! Thank you for sharing your lovely autumn day! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your picture perfect photographs, how pretty. I wish we could sneak past the gate of The Wendy House, what a fab name for a house! It looks like you had a wonderful time.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Autumn too BH especially October. The changing colours, misty mornings, chilly evenings and shorter days sum it all up and yes snuggling up on the sofa with a good book and cup of cocoa (although a gin and tonic would go down equally well) Stunning photos of your trip to Durham. Thanks for sharing.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh to think I was there a couple of weeks back! I only saw the Cathedral from the station and it looked magnificent.

    The colours are starting to change, there is a chill in the air and the nights are drawing in, and I have butterflies because I get so excited about this time of year. No other season does it quite as much as the lead up to the Autumn.

    I'll be ready to post the Autumn swap on Monday if that is ok? I've had a hectic week so behind with everything, and I have to just put a final coat on an addition to the swap !!

    Enjoy your week my friend.

    Chel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for letting me tag along . . . your photos are breath taking.
    Thanks for sharing you outing with us,
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to have a nosy behind the gate too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photos. Autumn is my favourite time of year. I just popped outside to take the rubbish out (so glam!) and it felt so Autumnal for some reason.

    Victoria

    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.I try to reply to everyone, but sometimes time runs away from me, but please know I appreciate and enjoy reading each and every one of them! (with the exception of SPAMMERS! They should be aware I'm not going to publish a single one of them and therefore they are wasting their time by even trying here!)
Thank you, BH x