Sunday, 22 September 2013

Whats Been Occurring...

London baby!!

However, a work related visit only, and a quick dash to Westminster enabled these few quick 'tourist' photos on the way. I'd never been so close to the London Eye before and was surprised at the enormity of it - and the matching queues to get on it too...they were huge..


The skies look quite stormy, but it was a lovely and deceptively warm September day...


Bristol was where I had spent the majority of the week, staying in a lovely hotel, enjoying the luxury of a waistline-busting full English breakfast each day, spending time with my lovely friend Miss R, seeing some sights and even squeezing in a little bit of shopping...(as well as work!)

Clifton village has the quaintest little shops and arcade where there was an abundance of eye candy. The wooden trug below I only wish I could've managed to squeeze into my hand luggage...regretted walking away from it immediately...


The appearance of pumpkins and gourds always confirms that the autumn season has begun, and the market stall barrow had a basketful of weird and wonderful shaped squashes..


The trees in the hotel grounds were starting to show their seasonal hues, plenty of conkers and helicopters hanging from the branches too...


It was a busy five days, lots to squeeze in and I do miss home terribly these days when away, so the sight below of an illuminated runway leading the way home was very welcome come a wet Friday evening...


Luckily the weather didn't stay horrid and damp in time for the Harvest Moon this week, the skies were relatively clear, letting the moonlight shine an ever so bright bright silvery light...


The harvest has been a good one this year by all accounts. The cold spring didn't cause too many problems and in my garden it actually created the perfect conditions for a profusion of plums...honestly, I didn't know a young tree could produce so many...

This cluster went all the way up a long branch and it wasn't the only one...I've been picking them for days and giving bags full away...


There must have been about six or seven baskets full so far, and there's still one more branch heaving with plums yet to be picked...


Of course there has been the obligatory crumble made, which disappeared ridiculously quickly.
Jam is next on the list to make with this lot, I'm going to need quite a few empty jars I think....

As they've ripened, the colours have become more and more beautiful, and it doesn't get much better than gorgeous autumnal, seasonal reds and golds...

These chrysanthemums sat on the huff house veranda were purchased as a result of seeing so many gorgeous autumn themed photos of porches and pathways on Pinterest ..



Another Pinterest responsible spend was on a Dior limited edition eyeshadow compact. Gorgeous colours...and limited...I'm such a sucker for anything limited edition...




Another few seasonal related buys were these few crafty bits... pumpkins and berries to decorate a wicker heart, to be placed alongside some fabric sunflowers that were made after spotting them on yup, you guessed it, Pinterest...



A bit of faffing (a favourite pastime...) before finally gluing the bits into place...


Destined for the huff house doors...


Inside said huff house, a little crafty finish...a burnished red leaf  with added russet and golden glitter inside the most lovely little frame....all the more special as it was a gift from my friend Miss R...



Have a good week all, and a very happy Autumn Equinox!

BH x

8 comments:

  1. Well you had my attention at "LONDON" :)
    But since Autumn is my favorite season, you kept my attention, your photos are gorgeous and the rain one... I love the rain, I love rain photography.
    I also love the wreath... ahhhh this time of year is divine isn't it?
    Have a great week,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos, thank you for sharing your latest adventures! The plums look more like a cluster of grapes - amazing! Love your makes...and the gorgeous eyeshadow, I would've snapped that up, too! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your autumn wreath, we are off to London in oct not London eye but hopefully the national Art Gallery! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty wreath, it looks so cosy. I love the london pics. The moon has been so pretty and we were blessed with clear skies and late nights so we really got to enjoy it.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post is filled with so much eye candy . . . I have had a very enjoyable visit. Love, love, love the photos of London, but I have a question. What is a trug? is it a trap for catching shellfish? . . . whatever it is i liked it, too, and wouldn't it look lovely filled with a bouquet of autumn leaves and berries. You plums are gorgeous and how nice of you to share them with your friends and neighbors. Last but by far not least, that wreath you made is beautiful . . . like I said before, lots of eye candy . . . thanks you for sharing your adventures with us.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been busy and so lucky to have all those plums - I made a chinese style plum sauce, the sort you might have with duck? It is very tasty. Love the heart shaped wreath, wonder where you got the decorations from? and what is huff house? I have never heard that term used before?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had me at the London Eye! It's been a while since I was last on there and it really is breathtaking. Love all the autumn bits and pieces and what a shame you didn't get that trug (Kings Lynn is just down the road from me). Happy autumn equinox xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post BH and I absolutely adore the Autumn wreath. Last year I decorated my hallway with various bits but I could not find any small fake pumpkins and wonder where you found yours? Im just about to make a start with a table decoration. I just love Autumn.
    Have a great week.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.I try to reply to everyone, but sometimes time runs away from me, but please know I appreciate and enjoy reading each and every one of them! (with the exception of SPAMMERS! They should be aware I'm not going to publish a single one of them and therefore they are wasting their time by even trying here!)
Thank you, BH x