Sunday, 6 October 2013

Autumn Glow 2013

The trees are gradually shedding their leaves, the light has that gorgeous golden hue and Autumn has set in for sure. However, it certainly looks it but the weather is telling a different tale at the moment; t-shirt wearing in October - doesn't get to happen that often.

Another Autumn highlight for me is the Swap I host and join in with..

If you read this blog or indeed if you joined in you will be familiar with the Autumn Glow 2013 swap. I was partnered up with two absolutely lovely bloggy friends whom I thoroughly enjoyed putting Autumn swap parcels together for. My partners were Chel C from Sweetbriar Dreams and Ellie from Feltabulous and this is what I sent to the ladies...

I got to long overdue grips with my sewing machine, which I'd become slightly estranged from in recent times, and made a little leaf shaped pot holder...


Included a vanilla scented candle decorated with sunflowers and rhinestones...

 
 Made a little clay pumpkin...


A dried cranberry heart scented with autumn spice oil and embellished with gold lustre...


A little pocket diary and a few seasonal leaves added...


Sweet treats...


Made a little glittery seasonal picture...


and a tea towel with a shortbread recipe...


I received some absolutely gorgeous gifts from both ladies. These are what the ever so kind Ellie sent to me:

Gorgeous earrings and bracelet; I wore the Tigers Eye earrings today but am far too shy to post a 'selfie' shot!


Garden bulbs which are now immersed in soil, a lovely hand embroidered flower brooch and a chrysanthemum card...


The most gorgeous bunting - made from sari fabric no less, it really is beautiful...and a polymer clay keyring which is adorning my favourite red spot handbag as a bag charm...

 
A great set of pens I'll get so much use from as well as a lovely notebook


I also received this gorgeous felt heart which I hung up straight away!


they kept coming, yup also this great seasonal patterned tea towel - matches the kitchen perfectly!


Thank you so very much Ellie, I love everything you sent to me x.

My other swap buddie Chel C spoiled me with lovely gifts too...

This pretty owl candle holder...


'Hand Food' the best hand cream if you've not ever tried it. Works wonders and smells divine - an Autumn essential I was running low on!


Cadbury's...nothing says 'cosy' more... apart from a knitted mug hug!


Some snuggle socks which I cant wait to wear...

 
These decoupaged letters are so so lovely...I have had great fun moving them around the house displaying them here and there...


I also received the most 'plumtious' 'cosy' cushion...soooo comfy, it does what it says! My spot for the afternoon was here, hot choc (despite the unseasonal warmth), flicking through the new CK brochure... a calm Sunday after the storm that the previous week had been. Thank you Chel x


Again, huge, massive thanks to Chel C and to Ellie for patiently waiting for their parcels as I was late getting them posted out. Hope it didn't spoil the experience for you.

Also, thank you to everyone who took part in this years Autumn Glow and Hocus Pocus Swaps, they are fun because of each of you and your taking part.

(I will post about the Halloween swap once I know my swap buddie has received her bits and bobs as I don't want to spoil the surprise for her!)

Have a good week all,

BH x

14 comments:

  1. Lovely handmade gifts and treats. I received my parcel late yesterday as I was out all day. So post away!
    Thank you very much for the swap parcel and for organising it.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful swap gifts, both given and received. I'm a new follower and I'm really enjoying your blog. Just wanted to say hi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what lovely, scrumptious goodies :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely items received and sent. I loved making all my 'bits' for the Halloween Swap. Thank you x Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely swap there, those Autumn letters are fab.....I'm feeling very estranged from my sewing machine too at the moment! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like Christmas came early! :-) Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful swap! Lots and lots of loveliness to treasure! Another fan of hand food here - indeed all of their products smell divine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My pleasure! Those letters were lots of fun to make and I am now addicted to making these. I love the photo of the cosy mug and cushion, I saw these in the shop and knew they screamed Autumn to me. Thanks again for your lovely pot holder, framed picture, chocolate etc etc, they were so much fun to open! Chel xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic swaps on both sides. I didnt take part this year because we were away on holiday when the swap was due to take place but hopefully next year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, thank you, thank you . . . you have just inspired me and solved by gift giving problem for Christmas. That tea towel with the recipe.
    I have a recipe for sugar cookies from Steve's Grandma, that would be wonderful on a set of pot holders for my sister-in-laws and nieces. Maybe I'll add a couple cookie cutters:) Did I say, "Thank you" . . . I am so excited :)
    Have a fab day!
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful goodies!!! Doesn't it feel like an early Christmas feeling with all that loveliness arriving through the post!!
    These swaps are so much fun I do enjoy them....very much! I posted my Autumn Glow swap bits to my swap partner two weeks ago so she should be receiving it very very soon. I'm holding my breath that I've chosen correctly.....all part of the fun :-)

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing Autumny goodies! You have inspired some Christmas stocking fillers I think!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely Autumn Glow post - thank you for arranging such a fun swap. I am late with posting my parcel but it should have arrived now.
    have a good week
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.I try to reply to everyone, but sometimes time runs away from me, but please know I appreciate and enjoy reading each and every one of them! (with the exception of SPAMMERS! They should be aware I'm not going to publish a single one of them and therefore they are wasting their time by even trying here!)
Thank you, BH x