Thursday, 17 October 2013

Colours of the Season...

Love, love, love it...

Even the rain cant spoil the beauty of the season...

There's nothing quite like the glorious colours that surround us at the moment, at least here 'up north' anyway..

Golden....The light, the leaves, the trees....this horse chestnut was gradually being taken over by gold as half the tree shone brightly despite the grey, dreich day..


The resplendent rufous shade of the fruits of the horse chestnut tree, gorgeous zircon like jewels wrapped snuggly in a prickly shell...


Of course the golds and browns of the season can be sparkly and glittery, all the better for it too in my book... the inner magpie was very happy indeed to spot this beaut of a bottle for a bitty £1.99...


Said magpie also spotted this not so diminutively priced delicious damson delicacy....


oh, this gorgeous, gorgeous garnet shade (sort of red, sort of maroon, sort of burgundy - depending on how the light hits it), the gorgeous, gorgeous dinky Chanel bag it came in... (I could seriously open a shop the amount I have...) another bonus - it is one of the autumn Limited Editions...and rather fond am I of both the aforementioned...


More beautiful burgundy in the garden, the dinky little violas are a lovely burst of colour in the pots...



As are the orange chrysanthemums. It's the first time I've had these in the garden and so far they look after themselves and seem rather happy for being left to their own devices...


Seeing the trees outside the window turning yellow...watching Practical Magic, inhaling Jaffa Cakes, designing a birthday present and making said present was a lovely way to spend a weekend afternoon..


My very favourite colour... red...
Making little pumpkins out of fabric scraps from the stash...quite a few dotted (no pun intended)  about now, but this is my favourite one...


Chocolate...
No ordinary run of the mill chocolate, oh no...Baileys Luxe...They've only gone and brought out a new luxury limited version of (one of) my favourite tipple(s), and they ever so kindly sent me a sample...so divine it is, I was literally wringing the mini bottles neck... Cant wait to get my hands on a proper size bottle...Christmas sorted - feet up sat by the fire (or more likely the Bloke Room blaring music) with a glass (or two) of what is essentially melted chocolate ice cream with the kick of the proverbial mule...


A seasonal essential...warm amber candlelight...also the added bonus of using some of the basketful conkers gathered...

(by the way, if some of the photos look a little 'different', some have been taken with my newer than a new thing GadgetCam II, and the rest with my 'trusty' HTC phone and shamelessly 'borrowed' from my IG account)



Have a lovely, cosy weekend all,

BH x

(PS the rest of the basketload of  conkers have been placed in little groups on every windowsill to ward off any unwelcome arachnid visitors - lets hope they work!)

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely seasonal post. I enjoyed your photos. I don't wear much nail polish but lately I've been wanting to try it again, both your shades look really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos, the chestnuts are stunning! The nail polish is rich and autumnal, too, fingers red, toes gold, or vice versa? Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loveeeeee these colors!
    Bringing outside colors into your makeup regime is fantastic! Im also loving the red pumpkin... I like the color red as well, I always say "Red is the color pink all grown up" :)
    Have a great weekend,
    Tammy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous post! Lots of lovely autumnal goodies. The pumpkins are fab and I love the red spotty one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos and great post - loving your fabric pumpkins (wanders off to google a pattern :-) xxx)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.I try to reply to everyone, but sometimes time runs away from me, but please know I appreciate and enjoy reading each and every one of them! (with the exception of SPAMMERS! They should be aware I'm not going to publish a single one of them and therefore they are wasting their time by even trying here!)
Thank you, BH x