Sunday, 10 November 2013

A Sunny Jaunt...

 

Well October whizzed by at a scary rate.. (no Hallowe'en pun intended there!) There were a few work trips away as well as a little jaunt to the sun...

A not so poorly back has at last been capable of allowing me to sit long enough comfortably to get over to Cyprus and enjoy the last of this years sunshine...

It was unseasonally warm too, not complaining there one single jot, it was glorious to feel the sun on my skin and warm my bones...a delight...

Of course when it got too warm, it was only a few footstep to the fridge and a glass of something cool and 'perky'... namely a Blue Lagoon...vodka, blue curacao, lemonade and ice and a slice... perfick...
 


Food was overindulged in as usual, plenty of olives (big fat juicy ones) and feta cheese (mahoosive cubes of it)... also the tree whose branches hang over the driveway was creaking with bucketloads of almonds. I have to say an almond cracked fresh from the tree is a rather tasty thing indeed...


The usual tourist trail was followed ie the harbour as it's nice to mosey around there of a morning, enjoy a late breakfast and look out over the glittering water, all done ideally on a Monday morning so I can feel that happy "YAY - I'm not at work!" feeling...


A day spent at Coral Bay meant I could go for a swim (the pool's too cold at home at this time of year to dunk more than a toe in), to people watch and generally take in the holiday atmosphere...


Also a bit of historical sight seeing. This is St Pauls Church of Paphos, set just back from the harbour where the pillar to which Saint Paul was allegedly tied and whipped is located. A beautiful Church with so much history it somewhere to put on your list to visit if you ever find yourself in Cyprus.


The shot below reminds me of a scene from 'the Life of Brian'...


This photo that I used as a 'teaser' on my previous post was from Paphos market (anyone guess??) We spent a morning wandering through there as well as the surrounding shops as there's one or two favourites of mine here...


A couple of treats; as well as herbs and spices which are far nicer from over there, I bought a lovely cream metallic crocheted top from a favourite boutique and a co-ordinating chunky bracelet which of course had to have hearts hanging from it...


The majority of time though was spent round the pool with something crafty to hand as well as something poured over ice not too far out of reach..


A scarf that was started this time last year was actually finished! So pleased with it too - I've never knitted myself anything before! I packed and took along another ball of the same 'wool' but in jewel like colours for Christmas, so that got started too...
 


Normally I am sat at my beloved 'crafty spot' which is at the end of the pool underneath the parasol creating away, safely in the shade wearing factor 30 as I am so fair skinned, but the parasol was nowhere to be found so I had to move about to find the shade - not easy given there was probably one cloud spotted in a week!

Of an evening it was nice to sit out and look over the turquoise water and just contemplate...
(Chel C - thank you again for the Mary Jane slipper socks - they were a perfect travel accessory!!)


 There was only one early night, I took my book up to bed to cosy up and enjoy...


Yep, it involved an accompanying glass of vino...


A lovely week away was had, relaxing, productive and it topped up the vitamin D levels just that extra bit for the all too close onset of winter...


Have a great week all,

BH x

5 comments:

  1. How nice! I'm really glad you're having such a relaxing time. Everything looks wonderful and I would really like to try that blue drink. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. On a dark, rainy, icky day like today, it's fun to see your photos! I wonder if I made a Blue Lagoon and closed my eyes, would I be able to imagine sunshine and beaches? ;-) Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not jealous!!! lol well maybe just a bit x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm that so looks like relaxation. I've never tried a Blue Lagoon before but I'd make the effort :-) That part of the Mediterranean is looking particularly tempting........this part here is sombre,dull and cold today )-: That swimming pool is saying "swim in me" I think, LOL!


    keep well

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, what a lovely day . . . I'm turning a little bit green with envy.
    That yarn looks so hard to work with, I can not wait to see your finished work :)
    Happy Weekend,
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.I try to reply to everyone, but sometimes time runs away from me, but please know I appreciate and enjoy reading each and every one of them! (with the exception of SPAMMERS! They should be aware I'm not going to publish a single one of them and therefore they are wasting their time by even trying here!)
Thank you, BH x