Saturday, 2 November 2013

Pumpkins Aplenty...



Happy Hallowe'en!

I LOVE Hallowe'en, always have done and that love hasn't lessened despite being a mature, sophisticated adult (*coughs and splutters*)

The house is decorated, pumpkins carved and crafty bits made - like these fabric pumpkins. I showed a red spotty one in my last post and here are another couple I knocked out in about an hour if that...

A lovely white squashed looking squash. I didn't see any real white ones in the markets this year, so made a glittery one ( glitter hairspray is marvellous stuff) instead after delving into the scrap box within the pits of the stash...


A little baby orange one too... well there had to be an orange pumpkin made...


Reminds me of these 'munchkin' pumpkins...if you've not seen these before, yes they're real! Proper Cinderella pumpkins in mini form...


 This cute tin one was hanging outside a shop in York...


Betty's tea room had as usual, a great display of  little pumpkin cakes...


Loved this glittery witch clutching her Jack O' Lantern in the market at Oxford...


And what could quite possibly be my favourite shop ever, (located in Worcester) had a fab Hallowe'en selection and a festive window display to match...


As I've been away so much recently (work related) I made sure that t'other half wasn't feeling neglected...a bucketful of chocolate saw to that!


Lovely mum found a shop in Carlisle that stocked Kringle Candles and brought me two candy corn Daylights...oh they smell gorgeous... and were lit as soon as I came home


Pumpkins about my person too in the form of these rose gold stud earrings...love them..


This years pumpkin carving effort...a minion...!


Thursday was a particularly cold day I thought, so it called for soup and lots of bread. Of course being the faff that I am and in keeping with the occasion, a sprinkle of basil didn't go amiss...


It's been a few busy Hallowe'en Holiday weeks this year, a clue for it being so is below...



I'll tell you all about that another time!

BH x

6 comments:

  1. Oooh you tease lol looking forward to your next post :-) xx Loving your photo's your minnion looks fab and not heard of Kringle candles are they better than Yankees??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Love your fabric pumpkins, I should have had a go at making those. We ended up with 3 big pumpkins and some little munchkin ones too. I trimmed up and we had a lovely night. Funny you should feature Bettys halloween buns, my brother always takes his two girls there for them, its part of their tradtional halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a super pumpkin post! I just adore your fabric pumpkins (and I have a new purpose for our glitter hair spray, great tip!), and all the other pumpkiny treats...I love how you embrace the season! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post, so many pumpkins. The ones you made are adorable; very clever with the glitter hairspray!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi lovely, thank you for your comment and the link to the pumpkins :-). The cross stitch patterns the alphabet was a bent creek and the friends forever was a freebie from a french site I think - but can I heck find it and I cant find the pattern - cant believe I've thrown it out!!! Unless its in that famous safe place - lol - I'll keep looking and let you know who designed it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your earings! will have to keep a look out for something similar. Love pumpkins, grew a few and got lots of different sizes. Now got to start using them - cakes and wine to start with.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.I try to reply to everyone, but sometimes time runs away from me, but please know I appreciate and enjoy reading each and every one of them! (with the exception of SPAMMERS! They should be aware I'm not going to publish a single one of them and therefore they are wasting their time by even trying here!)
Thank you, BH x